Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Queen Bayley and the Grasshoppers
After a lengthy hiatus, I have decided to return to my much abandoned blog, dust it off, so to speak, and share a delightful tale with my dedicated readership. It goes like this:
Bayley truly enjoys running through the grass in our yard and tracking for treasure. She especially enjoys tracking when the grass is long, as it is now, and when the bunny, AKA Peter Cottontail, AKA Adrenaline Junkie, heads into the yard (but alas, that's a tale for another day). Lately, I've enjoyed sitting outside in a lawn chair and reading while I let Bayley track through the yard. Some nights, I will provide for Bayley a trail of Cheerio's to go hunt down in the yard.
The other night, however, I had gone outside to chat on the phone with a good friend. Bayley was wondering around the yard as usual. And then I notice that Bayley has come running, nay, leaping through the yard with something in her mouth. She goes to the door and asks me to let her in. I turn to look and she has a grasshopper in her mouth. Disgusted by this, I tell her that she cannot go in and so she happily runs off into the yard, puts the grasshopper on the ground and rolls all over it. And then, sure enough, my dog ate that grasshopper. Yum.
Amused and slightly nauseated, I continue my conversation with my friend. Until I notice Bayley crouched in the corner of the yard, pawing at the dirt and dancing a bit. I watch for a while until I notice that she has captured yet another grasshopper. I watch as she runs through the yard with it, throws it on the ground, rolls on it, runs through the yard with it again, rolls on it, and on and on until... yep, she ate it.
Bayley did this no less than 4 times in the hour I was outside with her.
And I have been wondering why I can't seem to get her to lose any weight. Turns out, she's been snacking on grasshopper treats at night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment